I got this recipe from my mother and so I will call it Flo's Sweet Pickles. It might be a common receipt, but I'm not aware of it. It's pretty simple and yields one gallon of very sweet pickles.
- Go buy 1 gallon of round sliced dill pickles. My mother buys them from Sam's Warehouse.
- Drain out all of the juice from the gallon of dill pickles, leaving the pickles in the jug.
- Fill the jug full with tap water and drain, then repeat again. Make sure all the water is well drained the second time.
- Take a bowl and measure out 8 cups of sugar.
- Pour 2 - 12 oz bottles of Heinz Gourmet Tarragon Vinegar
- Pour all of the sugar mix into the gallon of pickles. It should fill the jug completely. Put the lid on the jug, rotating and mixing well.
- Put in the refrigerator and in about 12 to 24 hours you will have some very good and very sweet pickles.